What a year it’s been! At Welkin, we’ve taken a look at a number of important industry issues over the past year on our blog.
Here are some of our favorite pieces from 2015:
- In “The Known Unknown: Behavioral Health in America,” we discuss the state of behavioral and mental health in the U.S. We talk about the progress that has been made, but also highlight the significant room for improvement that exists in the current healthcare system.
- “Welkin Joins #GivingTuesday Effort,” talks about Welkin’s increased push to give back to the local SF community and how employees are working to improve the lives of others.
- In “Growing Pains: Chronic Illnesses Linked to Youth Stressors,” we discuss research that points to the causes of chronic diseases. Though there are many potential factors in determining chronic disease incidence, ways exist to limit the potential for individuals to become stricken with one of these illnesses.
- “A Plateau or Just the Tip of the Iceberg for Diabetes in America” covers the troubling statistics that recently came out regarding diabetes incidences in the U.S. We talk about whether this is a trend or something that could be adjusted given recent technological improvements.
- In “The Technology Will See You Now,” we discuss how the patient experience has been, and will continue to be, transformed by new technologies, including the cloud, imaginative communication platforms, and disease tracking tools.
- “The Invisible Cost of Chronic Diseases” highlights how the American public will begin to see the true costs of chronic illnesses – premiums will increase and the overall population will see expenditures rise because of high rates of disease.
- “Managing Chronic Diseases: Lifestyle Choices Matter” covers the effect that a specific lifestyle can have on your disease. If you take certain steps, diseases become manageable and side effects can be mitigated.
- “From Theory to Practice: The Development of a Care Coordinator” is a case study that examines the role of a care coordinator within a Boston-area hospital system and how that position changed the way that patients were handled.
- “What is Care Coordination and Why Does it Matter?” covers the emerging roles that care coordinators play in the healthcare industry, and exactly what this role entails and where the future lies for this type of approach.
- In the “Emergence of Data-Driven Population Health Management,” we talk about the role of data within the healthcare industry. Using data sets and analytics tools, we can track certain health populations and better manage illnesses within these sets.
- “Healthcare and Modernity: Using Technology to Add Value to Care Models,” addresses new approaches to healthcare and how patient outcomes can be improved by using care guides and coordinators, as well as better communication tools.
- “Constructing Your Welkin Diabetes Platform” is a whitepaper that walks you through the Welkin system and how it can benefit your organization. We talk about improved enrollment, unique inbox interfaces, actionable profiles and how structured data can benefit your organization. You can access it through our post titled “Welkin Health Will Support Your Care Coordination Plan.”
We have a lot more coming in 2016 that we can’t wait to share with you!